Services: Air freight transportation | Sea freight transportation | Road freight transportation | Railway transportation | Multi-modal transportation | Customs brokerage | Warehousing and consolidations | Door-to-door service | Cargo insurance | Consultancy services | Importer of Record Service
Importer of Record Service
Importer of Record (IOR)
This is the responsible party for an importation. The importer is legally liable for payment of duties, taxes and fees and compliance with customs and other government agency regulations pertaining to their imports. This may be the party who is buying or receiving the imported goods, or an interested party in the transaction who has the right to make entry under the customs regulations.
IOR is a customs term for the entity responsible for:
- ensuring the imported goods comply with local laws and regulations
- filing a completed duty entry and associated documents
- paying the assessed import duties and other taxation for those goods
The import regulations are different from country to country and you will not find a definition of term Importer of Record in the Customs code of the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia. The regulatory environment of the countries of Customs Union is also diverse and complex, therefore IOR has often more responsibilities than in other jurisdictions.
The importation of goods carries with it many legal obligations concerning duties, country of origin, and other regulatory matters which are enforced by the Customs. There may be a need for a license to import, an importer number must be established with the Customs, and a bond provided in Customs favor in order to import. The importer, or the importer of record (IOR) will be held liable for all customs-related aspects of the import transaction.
In order to import your products to Russia, it is essential that you have a fiscal presence in the country. We offer low cost solutions to companies, which do not have a direct presence in Russia, but will like to sell their products to Russian customers and provide customers with after sales support. AAA Cargo will act as an Importer of Record or Exporter of Record.
What we do as IOR - Importer of Record
- Do compliance assessment
- Act as an importer for customs and taxation declaration purposes at the time of import
- Act as an exporter for customs declaration purposes at the time of exports
- Prepare reports to Customs, Tax and other state agencies, be responsible for legal compliance and inventory registry during the term of imports.
- Obtain necessary import licenses and permits;
- Maintain records for the minimum duration required by the customer and under local Law
- Pay all import and export duties and taxes
- Provide storage and warehousing service, if required by customer.
- AAA will perform compliance assessment to define import restrictions (import licences, import permits, certification required), acquisition process and timeline for permits and certification, customs taxes, duties and charges
- Simplification of shipments customs clearance - AAA Cargo is a licensed customs broker with highly efficient and experienced staff
- AAA will provide legal entity to act as an Importer of Record (IOR) - save costs of establishing legal entities in the country - office and warehouse rent or purchasing, staff salary, salary taxes and hardship allowances.